JOB DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENT.
What You Will Be Doing
- Ensure all farm
- Collaborate with the district's agricultural directorate and AEAs to identify and select credible Farmer Based Organizations(FBOs) and large-scale commercial farmers to benefit from Grow For Me input financing.
- Oversee the distribution of input financing to qualified and selected farmers.
- Find and establish the best method/structure to retrieve commodities due Grow For Me prior to and during the harvesting of crops.
- Oversee the collection of portions of harvested commodities that belong to Grow For Me as repayment for inputs given.
- Retrieval success per season shall not be below ninety-five (95)% per cent per season.
- Provide overall support and direction in the successful implementation of all projects (farming, trading, infrastructure development) in your area of responsibility.
- Ensure Weekly monitoring and reporting on the state of sponsored farms and commodity aggregation in your area of responsibility.
- Identify potential risks and implement risk mitigation measures for crop production, commodity aggregation and infrastructure development. E.g. crop production risk, climate risk, credit/sponsorship risk, environmental risks, social risks etc.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports covering sponsored farms, commodity aggregation and infrastructure deployment.
- Work closely with the Agric Extension Agents (AEAs) and all relevant technical personnel in the region to train and coach farmers in advance and innovative production techniques/technologies to improve farmer capacity.
- Monitor project activities and impact (economic, social and environmental).
- Create and manage a zonal database for all agents, farmers, commodity suppliers, aggregators, service providers, partners and warehouse facilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with local leaders, farmers and others.
- Support and facilitate the identification of challenges and constraints faced during field visits to farms, commodity aggregators and infrastructure development.
- Any Agricultural-related Degree, or Master's Degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND).
- Good people skills and the ability to simply get things done with limited resources.
- Passionate about Agriculture, technology and outdoor life.
- Able to or willing to learn to ride a motorcycle safely across significant distances
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in crop production
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in aggregating any of the following commodities: Rice, Soybean, Sorghum, Cashew, Maize, or Cocoa
- Experience in farmer-based organisations management
- Knowledge in precision agriculture and the ability to read and interpret maps
- Good monthly salary
- Insurance cover for the job
- Out-door life across the country
- Opportunity to learn and create impact
- Access to satellite technology and its application.
CRM form will load here